IMT Precision is one of Canada’s leading major manufacturers in the OEM and Defence industries. Over 100 years of experience has taught us that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer many perks along with a stable career at IMT Precision.
Responsible for negotiating and managing the procurement of key commodities, and the subcontracting of same, assisting in the development of new suppliers, and interfacing with our engineering staff on technical requirements. Technical knowledge of processes (ie machining, heat treat, UT/MPI, plating) to support subcontractors, engineering and quality groups is an asset.
Why Join Us?:
- Extensive Health & Dental Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Vacation starting at three weeks, with additional paid time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive wages
- Job Security (long-standing and growing company)
- On-The-Job Training
- Professional designation fee paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Social Events/Activities
- Years of Service Program
Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of procurement methods
- Ability to evaluate suppliers
- good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Sourcing knowledge
- Ability to read blue prints
- Maintain purchasing code of ethics
- Ability to work under pressure/stress
- Ability to mke decisions and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Experience in manufacturing in relations to fabrication/machining/welding environment
- Previous supply chain experience in aerospace or defense related industries
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Business system experience (MRP/MTO/SAP, oracle or similar ERP experience
- Excellent communication skills, plus the ability to priorative multiple tasks in a busy envirnments with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with government procurement regulations (controlled goods, ITAR)
- Familiarity with continuous improvement concepts and practices
- Experience developing commodity strategies
- Experience in project management; megotiation, and expediting
- Work with suppliers to obtain best quality, delivery and prices
- Initiate cost savings, track and support
- Issue and administer purchase orders in accordance with policies and procedures
- Purchase materials, services and manage subcontracting processes in support of production using approved suppliers
- Monitor and manage suppliers to achieve procurement targets in price, delivery and quality as well as suplier deliverable requirements and documents support
- Work with engineering, quality, production and material groups to resolve issues in support of customer requirements and deliveries
- issue and manage RFQs to external supply base
- Support all efforts cost effective, long term solutions with key suppliers to optimize cost of materials and ensure availability of required materials
- Maintain purchase orders, blankets, open order reports and purchase order specific files
- Additional responsibilities as required to meet business needs
Please send your resume and cover letter to IMTHR@imtcorporation.com.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As IMT Group is a supplier of Canadian government-designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and provide a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes all applications. IMT will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Please communicate your accommodation needs confidentially to the recruiting manager.