Occupational Health & Safety | IMT Precision
IMT Precision is one of Canada’s leading major manufacturers in the OEM and Defence industries. Over 100 years of experience has taught us that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer many perks along with a stable career at IMT Precision.
The Health and Safety Co-ordinator supports the development, administration, and implementation of occupational health and safety programs. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and directing health and safety actives to ensure employee engagement, training and regulatory compliance. This includes providing health and safety advice and training to support our compliance with H&S requirements, legislation, guidelines, standards and initiatives.
Port Robinson, ON
Why Join Us?:
- Extensive Health & Dental Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Vacation starting at three weeks, with additional paid time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive wages
- Job Security (long-standing and growing company)
- On-The-Job Training
- Professional designation fee paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Social Events/Activities
- Years of Service Program
- Responsible for the administration, development and maintenance of the Health and Safety Program
- Updates/develops health and safety policies and procedures under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources
- Develops/co-ordinates and carries out all health & safety training, and onboarding
- Compiles all monthly Health & Safety related reports
- Participates as the Management Co-Chair on the joint Health & Safety Committees
- Post secondary education in Health and Safety and/or Human Resources
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Ability to write effective policies and procedures
- Proven ability in training
- Health and Safety Level I and II (an asset)
Please send your resume and cover letter to IMTHR@imtcorporation.com.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As IMT Group is a supplier of Canadian government-designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and provide a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes all applications. IMT will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Please communicate your accommodation needs confidentially to the recruiting manager.