Join our dynamic team at Niagara Metal Finishers, a leading metal finishing company, as a Production & Quality Assistant. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in streamlining our production processes, managing schedules, and optimizing workforce allocation.
WHY JOIN US!
- Extensive Health & Dental Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive wages
- Job Security (long standing and growing company)
- On The Job Training
- Professional designation fee paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Social Events/Activities
- Years of Service Program
- Assist in coordinating production schedules , ensuring materials and equipment are available and monitoring production processes for efficiency
- Assist in the development and maintenance of production schedules
- Conduct regular quality inspections of products, identify defects or discrepancies, and work with the Department Manager to implement corrective actions
- Maintain accurate production records, quality reports and inspection results. Generate reports and documentation as required
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost efficiencies in production and quality control procedures
- Assist in managing inventory levels, including tracking and replenishing materials and supplies as needed
- Provide training to production staff on quality standards and best practices
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring all employees are trained on company policies and procedures and that daily safety inspections sheets are completed.
- Perform, direct, and carry out other reasonable requests made by senior management
- Previous experience in a production or quality control role preferred
- Experience in the automotive industry and with new product launches considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (MS Office, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Detail-oriented mindset, excellent organizational skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to develop and write work instructions and technical reports is considered an asset
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMT is strongly committed to diversity, and welcome all applications. IMT will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Please communicate you accommodation needs confidential to the recruiting manager.