Supervisor | IMT Precision
IMT Precision is one of Canada’s leading major manufacturers in the OEM and Defence industries. Over 100 years of experience has taught us that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer many perks along with a stable career at IMT Precision.
To provide leadership and direction to hourly unionized employees. To direct the production activities of the department to meet company goals and objectives.
Port Robinson, ON
Why Join Us?:
- Extensive Health & Dental Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Vacation starting at three weeks, with additional paid time off
- Annual Bonus Program
- Competitive wages
- Job Security (long-standing and growing company)
- On-The-Job Training
- Professional designation fee paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Social Events/Activities
- Years of Service Program
- Drive safety, quality, delivery and production requirements on a daily basis
- Provide strong direction, professional leadership and ongoing constructive feedback to Production associates
- Deliver solutions and support for process improvement and problem solving in the manufacturing process
- Teach and ensure 6S methodology to maintain a need and orderly workspace
- Develop best practices to improve all department activities
- Enforce all policies and procedures and discipline as required
- Create and maintain a training program for all employees in regards to all aspects of production
- Ensure a quality productthrough SPC/OPC problem solving and corrective action processes
- Ensure customer delivery requirements, inventory levels, and budget guidelines are met
- Ensure compliance to the Collective Agreements in the areas of discipline, job posting, seniority, overtime distribution
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety talks
- Participate in the recruitment process
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Automotive/Defence/OEM production facility
- Requires knowledge in Heat Treating and Heat Treating equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving
- Highly motivated and able to motiviate and train others
- Knowledge of Labour Relations and the Collective Agreement
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Requires a valid First-Aid/CPR Certificate
- Requires valid Mental Health First-Aid Certificate
Please send your resume and cover letter to IMTHR@imtcorporation.com.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As IMT Group is a supplier of Canadian government-designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and provide a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes all applications. IMT will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Please communicate your accommodation needs confidentially to the recruiting manager.