Standen’s is looking for a Journeyman Mechanic (AST or HET) with suspension experience. As a mechanic/apprentice you will inspect, diagnose and repair various suspension, braking and steering systems. This is an evening/night shift position from 4:00PM–2:30AM, Monday to Thursday.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports To: Assistant Service Manager
Experience/Proficiency: Journeyman Mechanic (AST or HET)
Education: High School Diploma
- Excellent communication skills.
- Journeyman certification.
- Alberta CVIP license an asset.
- Have general automotive/truck tools.
- Ability to perform safely in a fast-paced production environment.
- Comfortable in heavy duty shop environment.
- Works well with others and is a good team player.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Repair and overhaul light and heavy truck suspensions, trailer suspensions and brakes.
- Remove and replace truck suspension components including springs, steering components, king pins.
- Align light and heavy duty trucks.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair various automotive and truck suspensions.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair various brake systems.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair various driveline components.
- General mechanical repairs.
How To Apply:
All interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to HR Shared Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line of the email. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, June 21st, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest in IMT Group, individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency inquiries please.
As IMT Group is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to and provide a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. If you require an accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make arrangements.